Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
this recipe is easy and great to use summer garden vegetables.
Make and share this Zucchini Hotdish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- garlic salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cut vegetables into bit sized chunks.
- layer ingredients into a 9 x 13" baking pan in this order: oil, rice, zucchini, squash, onion, tomato, and water.
- sprinkle with garlic salt.
- bake until rice is cooked, approximately 1/2 - 3/4 hours.
My roommate and I tried this recipe out tonight. The directions were very vague, so we followed it the best we could. After cooking it until the rice was cooked, half of the vegetables were still raw. Perhaps it would have turned out better if the baking dish had been covered (which was not specified). I'm giving the recipe 3 out of 5 stars since I'm assuming the mistake was in us interpreting the vague directions incorrectly, because I think it would have turned out well with the dish covered in the oven.