Another way to use the produce of my over-productive zucchini plant in the garden! Sneaking vegetables and fruit into a brownie is also a plus!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, sugar, syrup and vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt - stir into wet ingredients (it will look pretty dry at this point - don't worry, it moistens up with the zucchini. However, if necessary, add a little more applesauce).
- 4Stir in zucchini - if batter is still too dry, add a couple tbs of applesauce.
- 5Add any optional ingredients (walnuts, chocolate chips).
- 6Spread into baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Brownies (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (951 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g