Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very tasty yemenite hot sauce recipe which comes from Joan Nathan. It is a great condiment with real heat and flavour. It can be used in spreads, salad dressings, soups, marinades. You name it. Enjoy!
- 1 lb serrano pepper
- 5 heads garlic, peeled
- 1 cup coriander, well rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- olive oil, to cover
- Finely chop peppers, garlic and coriander in food processor.
- Mix in hot pepper, cumin and salt.
- Place in a glass jar and cover with olive oil.
Mmmh - I'm a lover of hot foodstuff and I enjoy it - made enough to give some away to my extended family. thanks! Update: all five jars are empty already! I found another weird way to use zhough: Mix with mayonnaise, add some white balsamico vinegar and some grainy dijon mustard, mix well and use as a zesty salad dressing. I love it.
Excellent, this zhoug is extremely spicy, just the way we like it! Thanks for posting this recipe Aviva, it's destined to become a staple in our home.