1 hr 30 mins
Go on: drool. I certainly am from this sandwich. My first contribution to RSC4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces tofu (can be leftovers from the night before) or 3 ounces tempeh (can be leftovers from the night before)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (scant)
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced into rings
- black pepper
- 2 1/8-2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder, divided (2 tsp, then rest)
- 2 1/8-2 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper, divided (2 tsp. then rest)
- 5 large baby carrots, steamed, mashed
- 1/2-1 tablespoon fresh orange juice or 1/2-1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1/2-1 tablespoon lime juice
- spinach leaves
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- crusty bread
- 1Preheat oven to 450*F.
- 2Mix together soy sauce and mustard.
- 3Dip tofu or tempeh in mixture and let sit (no need for long marinating).
- 4Sprinkle both sides of the vidalia with black pepper, 2 tsp curry, and 2 tsp cayenne.
- 5Roast to desired color and crispness (around 10-20 minutes on each side).
- 6Mix together mashed carrots with OJ, 1/8-1/4 tsp curry and 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne Once finished roasted, turn down to 200*F.
- 7Place tofu, bread inside with onions to heat up and to crust the bread.
- 8Once heated and toasted, take bread out, spread both slices with carrot mixture Arrange spinach on the bottom slice.
- 9Press sprouts on the top slice.
- 10Remove heated tofu and place on top of spinach.
- 11Remove onions and place on top of tofu.
- 12Press top slice alfalpha/spread-side down.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Tofu and Roasted Vidalia Sandwich W/ Spicy Sunshine Spread
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1245.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g