Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yeah Mon! This cool and refreshing fruit salsa is a perfect side accompaniment for tempering the heat of your favorite grilled jerk seasoned meat. Cooking time is the time to chill. Submitted for RSC #8.
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark spiced rum (Captain Morgan's)
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- salt, to taste
- Combine all and toss.
- Chill in fridge.
- Meanwhile, share the remaining rum left in the bottle with friends, drinking until you can see the bottom of the bottle.
- Remove salsa from fridge if you can find it.
- Serve with grilled jerk chicken or pork.
I love this salsa! It is a bit sweet, but I think it will be perfect on my Jerk Chicken! Served with Jerk Chicken, Rice Verde, and Caribbean Coleslaw.
Prepared for an international feastival. Paired with Carribbean Jerk Chicken (Caribbean Jerk Chicken). Was delicious prepared just as written. I used fresh young coconut.
This was probably one of the best fruit salsa's I have ever made...great flavor