Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is *SO* delicious and only improves with chilling time, you may omit the raisins and add in more apricots, this goes wonderful with turkey or ham and also is wonderful on sandwiches, I suggest to double for a crowd --- you will *love* this!
- 1⁄3 cup diced dried apricot
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 large gala apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar (can use more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a medium bowl mix together the apricots with cranberries, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves.
- In a saucepan boil the water with sugar stirring constantly until not granules remain.
- Add in the dried fruit mixture and vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes; remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container (the flavors will intensify with chilling time).
I did a double batch of this chutney, not only because I have a friend who was more than willing to take some of it, but also because, after all, if combining apricots, cranberries, apples & raisins isn't enough of a reason, then, what is! The spices, the fruit, all of it, just great [on crackers, too, as well as on cottage cheese]! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my CHUTNEY theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]