1/6 Photos of Wintergold Stew
1 hr 25 mins
Full of good vegetables, this delicious, hearty meatless stew will warm you up and fill you up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 2 cups diced peeled rutabagas
- 3 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan oil. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add water, squash, rutabaga, oregano, paprika and salt; bring to a simmer. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes over medium-low heat until the rutabaga is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in the kale and cook for about 10 minutes more.
- 4To thicken, mash the squash and rutabaga against the side of the pan with the back of a spoon. Stir in the parsley and let stew stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- 5Ladle into bowls and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wintergold Stew
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 431.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g