Full of good vegetables, this delicious, hearty meatless stew will warm you up and fill you up.
Make and share this Wintergold Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 2 cups diced peeled rutabagas
- 3 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan oil. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add water, squash, rutabaga, oregano, paprika and salt; bring to a simmer. Cook for 40 to 45 minutes over medium-low heat until the rutabaga is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the kale and cook for about 10 minutes more.
- To thicken, mash the squash and rutabaga against the side of the pan with the back of a spoon. Stir in the parsley and let stew stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot.