Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wid rice more wilder then you can imagine. Tasty good with my Marinated London Broil recipe!
Make and share this Wilder Than Wild Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion, green pepper, red pepper, and garlic in olive oil in saucepan until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in white rice and wild rice.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add black beans and water: mix well.
- Cook over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into baking pan.
- Grill over hot coals for 5 minutes to add smoky flavor.
Interesting but lacks depth; probably because there is no salt in the recipe. I didn't do the last step (putting it over the coals) because I wasn't grilling anything. Next time I will play around with the seasonings -- maybe add some Sambal to it for a kick.