1 hr 5 mins
Ms May's Note:
Very simple, TASTY recipe for Beer Bread - with no animal products in it! The flavor of the bread depends on the type of beer you use, so use the good stuff!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Slowly stir in beer and mix just until combined. Batter will be thick. Spread in a greased 8-inch loaf pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 2You can add flavor variations if you are so inclined --
- 3Garlic & Herb: Add 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, and 2 minced garlic cloves (or 1 teaspoon garlic flakes) to the basic mix. For fresh herbs, use 1 chopped Tablespoon of each.
- 4Dill & Chive: Add 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried dill) and 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives to the basic mix.
- 5Italian: Add 1 teaspoon each dried basil and oregano (or 1 Tablespoon each chopped fresh basil and oregano), 2 minced cloves of garlic and 1 tablespoon of minced sundried tomatoes to the basic mix.
- 6Other Additions: Any dried or fresh herbs; 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped scallions; 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup oats in place of 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Beer Bread Recipe - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1503.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3445.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 300.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 47.7 g