A nice hearty Italian stew, perfect for a cold night. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread for a meal, or serve small helpings as a starter. When using dried rosemary I always give it a beating with the mortar and pestle so the pieces are smaller and not so twig-like when eating. If you don't feel like roasting your own red and yellow peppers, feel free to substitute 2 6-oz. jars of roasted red peppers. You'll be missing the yellow, but it will be tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (19 ounce) can great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted and julienned
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, roasted and julienned
- 1In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in broth and bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- 3Stir in beans, rosemary and pepper.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in roasted peppers and cook 3 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean & Rosemary Stew
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g