Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really yummy and takes ZERO time to make. These are ingredients I usually have in the house anyway, so it is convenient too. I’ve used it as a dip, served it with pitas, cucumbers and sprouts and made tortilla wraps with it. Makes about 2 cups.
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine everything except the parsley in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in parsley by hand. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is very simple to prepare and I usually have all the ingredients on hand, however I think something is missing. I may doctor it up like luvmybge, but will do something as I thought that the recipe was bland the way it is written.***Updated 2/2/09 - I did add some cumin and the recipe is much improved by that simple ingredient.
This recipe had everyone raving! Simple but pretty unique, travels well, good on just about anything...The only problem is that I've had to make 4 or 5 batches at a time because it goes quick!