omeomy #2's Note:
This is a Thanksgiving staple for us. Red bell peppers (Capsicums for Aussies) look much better but the taste is the same when using green ones
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels (drained canned ones are just fine)
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 medium white onions or 1 medium yellow onion
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (can be a little less)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground rosemary (or finely chopped fresh rosemary)
- oregano or marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1Chop peppers and onions to about the same size as a single niblet. Don't blitz; they will be too mushy.
- 2Heat pan over med-high, add oil, heat.
- 3Saute onion and bell peppers until soft, not brown.
- 4Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and herbs, stir through and taste to check seasoning.
- 5Add corn niblets and stir through until heated.
- 6You may need to add a little water.
- 7Can be made ahead, in fact it is better when made a day before and re-heated to serve.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Way Too Easy Peppered Corn Niblets
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g