1/4 Photos of Way Too Easy Cajun Potatoes
omeomy #2's Note:
These were a staple in the Irish Channel in the good ole days. I still make mine in a cast iron pan but you can use any oven proof pan. For those who must have heat, add extra cayenne. To shorten baking time we sometimes nuke the potato chunks a little before adding to the oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to about 375-400.
- 2With a fork score all over the potatoes (peeled or not), this will make them more crisp.
- 3Chop the potatoes into 1 1/2-2 inch chunks.
- 4Put the oil in the pan (warming the pan first is good, but not vital), add potatoes, sprinkle all seasonings over (go easy with the salt; more can be added after cooking) and toss and stir potatoes with two forks until all chunks are coated.
- 5Bake for 15 mins, stir well (again with the forks), bake a further 10-15 minutes.
- 6Note: If you've nuked them, the potatoes will need a little less time. Watch them towards the last few minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Way Too Easy Cajun Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g