Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the flavours of watermelon and lime and this makes a very cool and refreshing treat in the summer months.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil.
- Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is syrupy.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice and rind (zest) and allow to cool.
- Puree the watermelon in a blender or processor until smooth.
- You may need to do it in batches.
- Transfer the watermelon puree to a bowl and stir in the lime syrup.
- Pour into a shallow metal pan (such as a cake tin).
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, separating and stirring with a fork every half an hour, until the mixture is like shaved ice consistancy.
- For a nice presentation serve in martini glasses and garnish with lime slices.