I love the flavours of watermelon and lime and this makes a very cool and refreshing treat in the summer months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- 2Bring the mixture to the boil.
- 3Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is syrupy.
- 4Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice and rind (zest) and allow to cool.
- 5Puree the watermelon in a blender or processor until smooth.
- 6You may need to do it in batches.
- 7Transfer the watermelon puree to a bowl and stir in the lime syrup.
- 8Pour into a shallow metal pan (such as a cake tin).
- 9Freeze for 3-4 hours, separating and stirring with a fork every half an hour, until the mixture is like shaved ice consistancy.
- 10For a nice presentation serve in martini glasses and garnish with lime slices.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon and Lime Granita
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g