I love the flavours of watermelon and lime and this makes a very cool and refreshing treat in the summer months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- 2Bring the mixture to the boil.
- 3Cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is syrupy.
- 4Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice and rind (zest) and allow to cool.
- 5Puree the watermelon in a blender or processor until smooth.
- 6You may need to do it in batches.
- 7Transfer the watermelon puree to a bowl and stir in the lime syrup.
- 8Pour into a shallow metal pan (such as a cake tin).
- 9Freeze for 3-4 hours, separating and stirring with a fork every half an hour, until the mixture is like shaved ice consistancy.
- 10For a nice presentation serve in martini glasses and garnish with lime slices.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon and Lime Granita
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g