That is Dr House to you's Note:
From the Vegetarian Times 2000: "This platter is a traditional accompaniment to almost all Vietnamese meals."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads of soft lettuce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion (white and green parts)
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup daikon radish, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup shredded jicama (optional)
- 1Use lettuce like Boston lettuce, leaves torn in half.
- 2for the cuke: peel and slice length- wise, then thinly into half-moons.
- 3On a large platter, place each ingredient in individual mounds, with the lettuce in the center and the other items surrounding it.
- 4Variations: In addition to or as a substitution for the vegetables and herbs listed use the optional ingredients.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Vegetable Platter
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g