I despise Lentils, BUT, this lentil recipe I LIKED a lot. Yet another tasty and healthy diet recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bell pepper, parsley and onion.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring water and lentils to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium/medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes- COVERED.
- 4Stir in bulgur wheat and black pepper.
- 5Continue to simmer- UNCOVERED- until lentils are tender and water is absorbed (should take about 10 to 15 minutes).
- 6In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat and sauté onion and bell pepper until tender (about 4 minutes).
- 7Stir onion and pepper into bulgur mixture, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veronica's Mediterranean Bulgur and Lentil Stew
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 16.4 g