Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I despise Lentils, BUT, this lentil recipe I LIKED a lot. Yet another tasty and healthy diet recipe.
- Chop bell pepper, parsley and onion.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and lentils to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium/medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes- COVERED.
- Stir in bulgur wheat and black pepper.
- Continue to simmer- UNCOVERED- until lentils are tender and water is absorbed (should take about 10 to 15 minutes).
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat and sauté onion and bell pepper until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Stir onion and pepper into bulgur mixture, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.