Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Vegetables marinated in a fruit, wine and garlic sauce. From Healing Heart Foundation recipes site.
- 12 large button mushrooms
- 12 small boiling onions
- 1 large bell pepper, see note
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 2 carrots
- 12 cauliflower florets
- 12 broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup summer squash
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a nonmetallic bowl and allow to stand, covered and refrigerated, for one hour.
- Steam all vegetables and allow to cool. Cut vegetables into 1 inch squares or in 12 pieces and arrange on skewers and immerse in marinade for at least 4 hours.
- Grill, broil, or microwave kabobs and serve on couscous, brown rice, or potatoes.
- Use the small red and green pepper in place of the large if desired.
- If mushrooms are not desired, replace with any other vegetable.
- Add other vegetables for variety. Zucchini, sweet potato, cherry tomatoes are just a few of the possibilities.
- A clove of garlic on each skewer will become sweet and mellow as it is roasted.