Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
This is a good dish for lunch. Adults and kids love them. If you prefer don't use a tortilla just serve the veggies as a side dish with any meal
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 3 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small cauliflower floret, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- water (to prevent scorching)
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (Use any type of tortilla you prefer) or 6 whole rotis (Use any type of tortilla you prefer)
- fresh hot salsa (or mild)
- sliced avocado
- Saute onions, potatoes and cauliflower in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add Teriaki sauce& lime juice and continue sauteing Vegetables for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add small amounts of water to prevent scorching.
- When veggies are tender set aside (keep warm).
- Heat the tortillas (Roti's) either in a dry skillet or wrap them in foil and put in a 350F degrees oven for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the veggies on a tortilla, top with a tbsp of salsa and sliced avacado, roll crepe style.
We really enjoyed these fajitas Bergy. I did add about 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and sauteed with the other vegetables. The teriyaki and lime added great flavor to the veggies. Very easy and healthy. Thanks ;)
Really enjoyed my dinner tonight, Bergy! Scaling down to 1 serving, I used soy sauce (1/4 tsp sugar, as you suggested) instead of the teriyaki sauce, which I didn't have, and in retrospect, I should've probably used only 2 tsp of soy sauce, as against the 1 1/8 tbsp. Nevertheless, it tasted really good, and filled up my fat-free corn flour tortillas to perfection!