I made this recipe especially for those of you who are always on the run and want something healthy to eat. This recipe is ready really fast and feeds 8 people! Tips for cooking rice pilafs: How do you know how much water you need to add? Easy! 3 times the amount of rice. It’s a 1:3 ratio. Also, boil the rice only for a couple of minutes then remove from heat and cover with a lid. This way it will absorb all the water and you’ll never have to worry again about burning the rice.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add grated carrot and diced pepper.
- Add the rice along with 3 cups of water. Stir until all ingredients are evenly spread. Add paprika, salt and pepper.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let it rest until all water is absorbed by the rice (10-15 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve!