Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Eastern Orthodox fasting is very strict, close to a vegan lifestyle. One of the things I miss are pancakes, so I came up with a non-dairy pancake - they're delicious, fast, and easy to make.
- Mix together the mashed banana and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix, leaving lumps in the batter - you must leave lumps in the batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a hot, lightly oiled frying pan.
- When bubbles rise through the middle of the pancake and break on the top, flip the pancake and cook until browned underneath.
- (Note: Test the pan before cooking the pancakes by throwing a few drops of water onto it. If the water jumps around and then disappears, the pan is at the correct temperature.).
These tasted great but I couldn't get them to cook up like "regular" pancakes. The insides stayed gooey. My kids wouldn't touch them. I was so disappointed too because they were so healthy!?
these pancakes were so darn good! They were easy to make and filling! Makes perfect for three hungry people. will make again.
I'm so sorry but we really did not care for these. They were super easy to put together (I got it all ready the night before and mixed in the morning). I made them the size I normally make pancakes but I could never get the inside to fully cook. When I cooked them really long all they did was burn. They were edible, but we did not care for them. Thanks so much for a healthy one to try, though.