Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Eastern Orthodox fasting is very strict, close to a vegan lifestyle. One of the things I miss are pancakes, so I came up with a non-dairy pancake - they're delicious, fast, and easy to make.
- Mix together the mashed banana and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix, leaving lumps in the batter - you must leave lumps in the batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a hot, lightly oiled frying pan.
- When bubbles rise through the middle of the pancake and break on the top, flip the pancake and cook until browned underneath.
- (Note: Test the pan before cooking the pancakes by throwing a few drops of water onto it. If the water jumps around and then disappears, the pan is at the correct temperature.).