1 hr 20 mins
Wonderful veggie casserole. Perfect even for picky eaters!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- water, as needed
- 2 carrots, trimmed and sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed,cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, trimmed,seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Fill a large saucepan with one to two inches of water, and add your potatoes, carrots, cauliflowerets, and green beans; Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to simmer, cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and drain in colander.
- 4If you wish to save the juices for another use, make sure to drain the veggies over a dish to catch the juices.
- 5Thats what I do!
- 6Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat and add your onions and garlic.
- 7Stir and saute them until they are soft, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- 8Add your tomatoes, salt and pepper, and thyme, and stir, reduce heat to simmer, and cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- 9Remove from heat and keep covered; set aside.
- 10Spread potato mixture over bottom of greased medium casserole or baking pan, add salt and pepper to taste, and then sread half of your tomato mixture over the potato layer.
- 11Continue by layering your zucchini slices and chopped green pepper on top of the tomato mixture, and then pour the remaining tomato mixture on top of the zucchini-green pepper layer.
- 12Bake in oven, covered, for approximately 50 to 60 minutes until all of your veggies are tender.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Medley Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g