From Light & Tasty. Very good way to use up left over rice. It's very important that the rice is cold.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice, cold
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add ginger and garlic, saute 1 more minute.
- Add teriyaki sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add rice and vegetables, cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
This recipe was recommended by Chef #47907 and we're so glad we tried it. This is really great fried rice with lots of flavor. I used fresh steamed veggies and for the heat I used jabanero sauce and Buddha (who normally does not like fried rice) went back for thirds. Enough said. :)
I made this up for lunch using some leftover rice, leftover chicken, and some veggies I had in the fridge and it was very tasty and a great way to use up leftovers. I liked the flavor of the teriyaki sauce since I usually use soy sauce in fried rice. Thanks for posting a recipe I'll be using in the future! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.