Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fluffy dish will tickle your taste buds.
Make and share this Vegetable Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté onion, garlic and green pepper in oil in a large skillet until soft, then push to sides of pan.
- In the center of the skillet, pour in the couscous.
- Add the water to the couscous, stirring gently.
- Top this mixture with tomato wedges and the cooked green peppers; cover pan for 3 minutes.
- Add a little water and cook longer, if needed.
- Couscous should be light and fluffy.
This recipe needed more seasoning. DH told me it was a bit bland. Next time I'll use chicken stock to do it. It will add more taste. Thanks BurtonFanatic :) Made for Cookbook tag game
i scaled this back for 3 serves and still had a serve left over, I used a mix of red and yellow capsicum/bell peppers as the DM will not eat green (any other colour she is fine with) and a sweet pink eschalot for the onion and as I have a surplus of baby grape tomatoes I quartered those and used and it made a delicious side to Kentucky Chicken Wings. Thank you BurtonFanatic, made for Bargain Basement recipe game.