Entered for safe-keeping, as I can never have too many stir-fry recipes. Found in What Can I Bring? cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 stalks bok choy, sliced
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 8 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1/2 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 -4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- chopped green onion, for garnish (optional)
- 1GINGER SAUCE:
- 2Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 3Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch and stir into sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until clear and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in ginger.
- 4Chill sauce up to 2 days, if desired. Reheat to serve.
- 6Heat peanut oil 2 minutes. Stir-fry the first 4 ingredients in hot peanut oil in a wok or large skillet 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add bok choy and next 4 ingredients. Stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are thoroughly heated and crisp-tender.
- 8Add sesame oil and half of Ginger Sauce. Gently stir in tofu; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute.
- 9Serve over hot cooked rice with remaining half of sauce; garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Tofu Stir-Fry With Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 16.1 g