Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this on theveggiegal.com; added a bit more vanilla
Make and share this Vegan Two Ingredient Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups oatmeal (whole oats, not instant)
- 1 small banana (whole)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- BLEND - Put oatmeal, banana, and two cups of water in a blender (or food processor). Start blending.Add all other ingredients while it's blending to save time.
- SIT - Once everything looks rather homogenous, let the batter sit for five minutes. At this point, I usually start heating up my waffle maker.
- COOK - Using a ladle, place two scoops into your waffle maker. These take longer to cook than normal waffles; for mine it takes about six and a half minutes.
- ENJOY - They taste great fresh, but if you're not going to eat them while they're hot I suggest popping them in the toaster for a bit just to warm them up again.
These had a great taste--but then I really like oatmeal. If you're not so much a fan of oatmeal, you might not enjoy these. I had some difficulty getting them fully cooked without burning them but they came out of the waffle iron pretty well considering there's no added oils. I also like that these are gluten free!
Fantastic taste- very light and sweet! I don't have a waffle maker, so I just made pancakes. Once both sides were browned, I tossed them into a cake pan in the oven, like usual, to warm them up. However, I set the oven to 300 degrees, which allowed the insides a little extra cooking time.
I called them Oatmeal Banana Cakes, and served them to my family for Saturday Breakfast... Nothing is as honest as an 11 year old boy- and he said these were "YUMMY!!!" My husband said they were so tasty that he didnt need butter! Excellent recipe, thank you for sharing with us!