Pixie's Kitchen's Note:
Found this recipe in the slashfood blog. It was adapted from http://creativegan.net/news/archives/tortilla-de-patatas-sin-huevo/. It looks so lovely and I cannot wait to make it. Will post more notes once I have had a chance to cook it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes, onion and zucchini and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2Chop the onion and cut the zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- 3In a good frying pan, heat the olive oil at medium heat.
- 4Saute the onion, add the potatoes and cook them until they are soft.
- 5When they are done. remove them from the heat and put them in a mixing bowl.
- 6Mix chickpea flour (gram flour) with the soy milk, vinegar and salt.
- 7Chop 1 tomato, and mix with the flour and 1/2 cup of water in a blender.
- 8Pour the flour/tomato mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- 9Heat the frying pan once more with olive oil when hot, pour the potato mixture onto the frying man and flatten in to a smooth and even surface.
- 10Cook the omelet for about 5 minutes with a lid on the frying pan. If your frying pan does not have a lit, you can use a large plate.
- 11Placing the lid on the pan will mean that you do not have to “flip” the omelet in order to cook it on both side, the heat from the steam on top will cook the “batter” enough that the omelet is done.
- 12If you would prefer not to put a lid on it, you can flip the omelet carefully and then cook on the 2nd side for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Tortilla De Patatas (Spanish Omelette)
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g