Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in the slashfood blog. It was adapted from http://creativegan.net/news/archives/tortilla-de-patatas-sin-huevo/. It looks so lovely and I cannot wait to make it. Will post more notes once I have had a chance to cook it.
- Peel potatoes, onion and zucchini and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Chop the onion and cut the zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- In a good frying pan, heat the olive oil at medium heat.
- Saute the onion, add the potatoes and cook them until they are soft.
- When they are done. remove them from the heat and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Mix chickpea flour (gram flour) with the soy milk, vinegar and salt.
- Chop 1 tomato, and mix with the flour and 1/2 cup of water in a blender.
- Pour the flour/tomato mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- Heat the frying pan once more with olive oil when hot, pour the potato mixture onto the frying man and flatten in to a smooth and even surface.
- Cook the omelet for about 5 minutes with a lid on the frying pan. If your frying pan does not have a lit, you can use a large plate.
- Placing the lid on the pan will mean that you do not have to “flip” the omelet in order to cook it on both side, the heat from the steam on top will cook the “batter” enough that the omelet is done.
- If you would prefer not to put a lid on it, you can flip the omelet carefully and then cook on the 2nd side for a few minutes.