Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry. The recipes all look fantastic, but this is the only one I've actually made. It's ridiculously easy and delicious. I made it once from the cookbook and haven't looked at the recipe again in the multitude of times I've made it, so maybe I'm leaving out ingredients. Regardless, it's spicy, comforting, soulful, and oh-so-good-for-you.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (sometimes I get lazy and use the bagged coleslaw mix)
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup water, more or less
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put everything in a skillet or pot.
- Put a lid on the skillet or pot.
- Cook over medium heat until the cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed.