Use as a filling for pies, tarts, pastries, or phyllo dough, or as a topping for desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, place the flour and whisk in 1/2 cups soy milk, and set aside.
- 2In a small saucepan, place the remaining soy milk, sugar, and salt, and whisk to combine Add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- 3Cook the mixture over medium heat, while whisking constantly, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened Add the remaining ingredients, whisk well to combine, and cook the mixture an additional 1 minute Remove the saucepan from the heat and transfer the mixture to a glass bowl.
- 4Place a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap directly on top of the pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming on the top Place the pastry cream in the refrigerator for several hours to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pastry Cream
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g