Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
pancakes made from oatmeal, gluten free and vegan, super deliousious.
Make and share this Vegan Oatmeal Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Grind oats using a blender into a flour.
- take the oat flour and put it in a bowl, mix in the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Then add the water ( you can use milk or soy milk, rice milk, whatever). Now is the time to add in extras like extracts.
- Mix until well combined, lumps are OK.
- If your using any kind of fruit gently fold in,.
- Heat a griddle and spoon out some of the mixture, let cook until bubbles appear and pop at the surface and it will lift without falling apart.
- Gently flip and let throughly cook through about 1-2 minutes.
- Keep warm.
Great flavor! Hearty texture. I used a tsp. of vanilla. I will say these are a bit chewy, so next time might let batter sit for a few minutes. They can definitely hold up to stewed fruit, which is what I topped mine with. These would be great with raisins or banana I think. I would make these again. Would give more stars but I wish they were fluffier or a bit lighter in texture.
They smell wonderful as they are cooking and they are good too.
Oats are not gluten free... unless stated on the package. NOT the norm though. Just FYI.