I got the original recipe for this on worldsoups.com but I changed around some of the amounts of the ingredients. There would have been scraps if I hadn't and I don't like wasting any bit of food. For the measurements, you can translate "2 lbs" of asparagus to "2 of those bundles you get at the grocery store." And for the cauliflower, just use the whole head, however much that gives you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups water
- 2 lbs asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1(Before cutting the asparagus, be sure to snap off the ends. The asparagus will naturally break at it's "fresh" point. Discard the stumps).
- 2In a pot, bring the water to a boil.
- 3Heat the olive oil in another pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions and dill seeds. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions begin to soften and the ingredients become fragrant.
- 4Add the celery, cauliflower, salt and pepper. Sauté for another 5 minutes, until cauliflower begins to soften.
- 5Add the asparagus, basil, thyme and water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until the asparagus and cauliflower are fork-tender.
- 6Turn the heat off and blend the soup in batches, pouring into another pot over low heat, or use an immersion blender until the soup is creamy.
- 7Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve with some warm artisan bread.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Creamless Creamy Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g