Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another recipe from Manjulaskitchen.com. Vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free it is totally appropriate for the 21 Day Quantum Wellness Cleanse. I often toss in other vegetables if I have them lying around - celery or bell pepper, whatever you like.
- 2 1⁄4 cups corn, frozen is fine
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped fine
- 10 green beans, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced fine
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Boil the corn in the water for a long time, until soft. Remove 1/4 cup of kernels and set aside. Drain off as much of the water as you and blend the corn into a thick paste. I use my immersion blender - way easier than ladling it all out into a blender. At this point you can strain the corn kernels through a sieve so that any remaining husks are removed. I admit it - I skip this step - too fussy for me.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a saucepan big enough to accommodate all the vegetables. Test to see if the oil is hot enough by dropping in one cumin seed. If it cracks immediately the oil is ready.
- Stir fry the cumin seeds for about a minute. Then add in the cabbage, beans carrot, and 1/4 cup water. Cook over medium heat until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato, the reserved corn, the corn mixture, the cornstarch mixture and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and serve.