1/1 Photo of Vegan Black Bean Soup With Cilantro
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Wow, this is one of the best soup recipes I've ever made! I got this from worldsoups.com and it's absolutely fantastic. I love having this with locally made tortilla chips as opposed to bread or crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water (at least)
- 1 cup dried black beans, soaked for 1-2 days, rinsed and drained
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, rehydrated
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt
- 1In a large soup pot, bring water, beans, and bay leaves to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the beans are tender, about 1 hour.
- 2In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add cumin seeds, garlic, onions, and carrots. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- 3Remove the bay leaves from the beans. Add the sautéed vegetables to the beans and add cauliflower, bell pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes. Add more water if needed, to cover by at least 1 inch. Continue to simmer for around 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- 4Stir in cilantro and salt to taste.
- 5Either leave the soup chunky, or use an immersion blender (or a couple cups of soup in a blender) and purée until desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Black Bean Soup With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g