Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Heart Healthy Vegan Cookies, I made up this recipe as I was making it. There is no oils of any kind so your heart will thank you! They are a mild tasting, almost cake like, which are sweet but not too much. My kids loved them!
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (use ground flaxseed and mix with water as an egg substitute)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (Homemade is the best)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For Egg Substitute whisk ground flax seed and water in it's own bowl.
- Mix Apple Sauce, Honey, Vanilla, lastly add in the egg replacers.
- In another bowl mix baking soda and flours.
- Add flour to the Apple sauce bowl and slowly blend together.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minute.
My daughter made these cookies for her health class assignment and everyone in the class hated them, but she brought them home and both my dogs love them. I think I am going to make them for the dogs as treats. They are a great healthy dog treat.
very good cookies..