Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Vatkattu Marjapuuro (Whipped Berry Pudding) recipe from Food.com.
- Place cranberry juice in a 1 1/2 to 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Sprinkle in sugar a little at a time.
- Slowly stir in Cream of Wheat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 6-8 minutes, or until mixture becomes a thick puree.
- Scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at high speed for 10-15 minutes, or until pudding has tripled in volume and is very light and fluffy.
- Turn into serving bowls and serve at room temperature.
- Best made withing several hours of serving.
This sounded so different I just had to try it! I could never explain it to you though! It almost takes of a mashmallow fluff consistency! I topped this with walnuts and made it for breakfast. I was tempted to add more sugar, but the end result was quite sweet/tangy, so I'm very glad I didn't, and don't suggest it.
It was a pure pleasure to make this dish, again. I had made it years and years ago, using fresh raspberry juice from cooked and pressed raspberries rather than cranberry juice. But, using the ready to drink juice sure made this version far less expensive, faster and just as tasty! Made this for dessert after a heavy, fatty meal of roast pork and sauteed cabbage; brilliant breath of fresh air and taste to our palate with the delightful tartness of this pudding. I love the texture, too; it's not just a smooth American-style pudding. Thanks for reminding me, Choco, of how good, fast and wonderful this classic Scandinavian dessert is!