Stolen. It's a bad habit, I know. I hold my head low in shame. I'll be in the confessional-second door to your right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tomato (organic, fresh ideal)
- 1/4 cup tomato juice, approximately, to aid in blending
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (save some of the leaves for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin or 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seed
- 1/2-1 hot pepper, minced (read *Note)
- 1*Note: Use any type of chili in this recipe depending on if you want a mild, medium, hot or explosively hot salsa.
- 2Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and process to desired consistency using the PULSE setting. This particular salsa we like smooth, not chunky or semi-chunky.
- 3Transfer to a bowl, cover and allow to sit at least 1 hour.
- 4Before serving, taste salsa and adjust ingredients if necessary. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- 5Serve at room temperature.
- 6Yield is estimated as are the ingredient amounts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valle De Smàragdos Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 679.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g