Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Beaut of a recipe straight to you from the vegan chef -- subject to modification at your whim. First thing I made in my blender.
- 4 bananas, cut in 1-inch chunks and frozen
- 1 cup soymilk, plain
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- mint extract, to taste
- Take out the bananas to defrost for a few minutes (as long as you can wait).
- Place all other ingredients in blender first, then add bananas.
- Blend like crazy -- you may want to use "ice crush" setting if you have one.
- Drink up!
So tasty and creamy! I omitted the mint, but might try it next time. I substituted rice milk for soy milk. Ate half, and froze the other half for later.
Thick, creamy, delicious, and it's great to be able to drink a chocolate milkshake and not feel guilty. The only thing I did not add was the mint as I don't care for it.
This is thick and luscious. I used fat free vanilla soymilk and left out the vanilla extract. I used 1/4 tsp. mint extract which I think was a good amount of mint. My non mint liking child wants me to make it again but take out the mint!