1/3 Photos of Ugandan Curried Potatoes
Um Safia's Note:
This is a great recipe for a potatoe side dish from Uganda, It is simple to make, fast & very tasty! Posted for ZWT 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg potato, peeled & parboiled
- 1 medium onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon piri piri chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Heat the oil and saute the onions. When they begin to turn golden, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 2Add all of the ground spices gradually and stir fry for about 1 minute
- 3Now add the tomato puree, lemon juice, parsley and salt to taste.
- 4Cut the parboiled potatoes into 1/2" pieces & add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to distribute the sauce and add 3/4 cup of water.
- 5Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced. (You should add a little extra water if the potatoes look a little dry whilst cooking).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ugandan Curried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g