An easy recipe that can be made ahead. It travels very well, and should be served at room temperature. It's healthy, too. What more can you ask for?
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or any white bean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Can be refrigerated up to two days, but serve at room temperature.