1/10 Photos of Tuscan White Bean & Spinach Soup
This dish was inspired by Vote_for_Pedro's White Bean & Spinach Soup. Like the original, this is quick, easy and full of flavor. It makes a nice dinner for 4 served with a good salad or it can be a starting course and serve more. Use 3 or 4 cups of broth according to how thick you like your soups or how much liquid your pasta absorbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 -4 cups fat free chicken broth or 3 -4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans (cannellini or other)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta shells or 1/2 cup shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1In a large sauce pan, sautee the shallots & garlic in the olive oil.
- 2Add broth, tomatoes, beans and rosemary to pot. Season with black and red pepper. Bring to boil.
- 3Add pasta and cook 12 minutes. If the soup seems too thick for your liking add a bit more broth.
- 4Add spinach and cook until wilted.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan White Bean & Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 726.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g