Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
Make and share this Tuscan Vegetable Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and then cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- crusty bread (optional)
- cooked pasta (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and zucchini; cover and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and artichokes; cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add olives, capers and half the parsley. Season with salt and pepper, top with remaining parsley. Serve with crusty bread or over pasta.
Delicious! We added a chopped carrot.
Yum! I ended up making a few changes (some of which were not planned), but I think it would be good either way. I quartered the zucchini lengthwise and then cut it crosswise into chunks. I forgot to get cannellini beans, so I used butter beans, and only one 15 oz can. I used a 14 1/2 oz can of tomatoes, nicoise instead of kalamata olives, and omitted the capers. I planned on using both parsley and basil, but my basil died, so I just used parsley. I also added a little crushed red pepper. I ate it with thick slices of toasted potato-rosemary bread. I loved the way it turned out, although next time I will use cannellini beans (probably still only one can, though) and add basil. I also think I will try it with sourdough bread.
Awsome recipe. I am new to the vegetarian lifestyle and this was a great start. Thanks so much.