Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
So simple, it's hardly a recipe, but it is such a delicious combination of flavors.
Make and share this Tropical Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 medium banana
- Equal sugar substitute (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute (optional) or sugar (optional)
- Cook oatmeal in microwave or stovetop as you normally do.
- While cooking, slice up banana: 1/4-inch slices, cut into four pieces.
- When oatmeal is done, add coconut extract and banana. If desired, add a sweetener and/or milk to thin oatmeal.
Very good. I added a tablespoon of toasted unsweetened coconut like another reviewer, doubled the coconut extract and added a tablespoon of brown sugar to sweeten it.
We generally have oatmeal a couple of times a week. This was a nice change of pace. I did toast some unsweetened coconut to sprinkle on top and reduced the amount of coconut extract by half. The oatmeal was sprinkled with brown sugar and served with almond milk on the side. Made for ZWT7.
This was a very tasty and hearty breakfast. I made it as written except for substituting milk for the water. Made for Veg Tag.