Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple caribbean salsa which can be stored for up to a month and used as a condiment on vegetables or fish, or just serve it with chips. Not for the faint of heart (or should I say heat!) Of course, the heat depends on the size and heat of your chili. From Sundays at Moosewood.
- 1 ripe mangoes or 1 ripe papaya, diced
- 1 red chili pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the mango or papaya, discard stone or seeds, and chop the fruit. Combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the salsa into a jar, cover tightly, and refrigerate. It will keep for a month.
Yummo! Love mango salsa`s. I did add some cilantro. Thanks for yummy goodness.