Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT5. From Sweet Hands: Island Cooking From Trinidad And Tobago. Green seasoning is used in many Caribbean dishes, and the recipe varies by country. Trinidad's uses shado beni (Mexican cilantro), a local herb very much like cilantro. Fresh shado beni can sometimes be found in West Indian markets but, if not, fresh cilantro is a good substitution.
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shado beni or 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor, until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Alternatively, process in a blender with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Use immediately, or store in a tightly sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.