Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is for a pressure canner and IS NOT suitable for a water bath canner.
Make and share this Tomato Soup - Canning recipe recipe from Food.com.
- In a large pot cook tomatoes until soft.
- Press through a food mill.
- In a saucepan combine all of the other veg and add enough water to just cover.
- Cook to tender, drain and put veg thru a food mill.
- Now combine the two puree's and add salt and herbs.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook slowly until thick, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a pressure caner 20 minutes at 10 pounds pressure at altitudes up to 2000 feet.