1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Remove loose, papery skin from garlic, leaving heads intact.
- 3Place garlic on a sheet of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 4Loosely wrap foil around garlic, folding foil edges securely.
- 5Roast until garlic has softened, about 40 minutes, then transfer to plate.
- 6Open carefully and discard foil; let garlic cool.
- 7Separate garlic into cloves.
- 8Squeeze soft garlic from each clove into a small bowl; set aside.
- 9In a large saucepan over medium flame, heat remaining 1/4 teaspoon olive oil.
- 10Add onion, celery and roasted garlic.
- 11Cover and cook until vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
- 12Stir in tomatoes, 1 cup water, bay leaf, basil, oregano, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil.
- 13Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 14Remove bay leaf.
- 15In a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Roasted Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1004.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g