Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although I cut down the heat of the chilies in this version, the original of this recipe came from the 2004 Healthy Latino-Recipes Made with Love.
- 18 medium tomatillos, husks removed, washed, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped (from a can)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately with eggs, quesadillas (or other dish), OR cover & refrigerate up to 3 days.
Sooo good! I reduced this down to 1 serving (which was plenty for two people) and just used amounts suitable for our tastes. The only substitute I used was fresh jalapeno for the green chilis and chose red onion. We'll be having this often! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I very much enjoyed this. I didn't use the sugar because (well, read my page and you'll see why) believe me YOU DON'T NEED IT! I used Jalepenos from a jar and I LOVED the zing! Very tasty when used to dip veggies in! Thanks Mike!!!!
Definitely delicious! I reduced the recipe USING my own math calculations as the servings updater's math was inaccurate. Thanks Syd for posting.