Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My contribution to RSC4. Nummy. My version of Baba Ganoush. Yeah, there's a lot of "add and process again" steps, but it's to ensure that everything gets blended and evenly incorporated.
- Heat oven to 450*F.
- Arrange eggplant slices evenly on cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment.
- Sprinkle both sides evenly with powder and peppers.
- Place whole tomato on sheet, then place in oven for about 10 minutes (total) for the tomato and 20 minutes on each side for the eggplant.
- Remove and let cool.
- Place eggplant in food processor and process.
- then add tomato and puree.
- then add garlic cloves and peppers.
- Add tofu.
- Process again.
- Then add water and soy sauce.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, if desired.
- Serve with pita chips, crudites (veggies), or crusty bread.