Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Approved by my polish boyfriend!
Make and share this Tofu Pierogies - Vegan recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 16 ounces firm tofu, drained, pressed, crumbled
- 1 pinch salt
- oil (for frying) or margarine (for frying)
- In a food processor add all dry ingredient and pulse.
- slowly add all liquids while pulsing for 1 minute.
- Dump dough out onto clean surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Wrap dough in saran wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- In a bowl crumble tofu add pinch of salt & sugar till desired sweetness (I like them pretty sweet).
- roll out dough into 1/8 inch thick sheets, a pasta roller comes in handy for this.
- I use a pint glass to cut out circles but I think it's about 4 inch diameter.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of circle.
- wet edges with water and pinch together forming a half circle.
- In a large pot gently slide them into boiling water for 5 min or until they float.
- you can eat them right after boiling or saute till crispy in oil or margarine, which is the way we like them.