1/1 Photo of Tofu Pierogies - Vegan
Approved by my polish boyfriend!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1In a food processor add all dry ingredient and pulse.
- 2slowly add all liquids while pulsing for 1 minute.
- 3Dump dough out onto clean surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- 4Wrap dough in saran wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- 5In a bowl crumble tofu add pinch of salt & sugar till desired sweetness (I like them pretty sweet).
- 6roll out dough into 1/8 inch thick sheets, a pasta roller comes in handy for this.
- 7I use a pint glass to cut out circles but I think it's about 4 inch diameter.
- 8Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of circle.
- 9wet edges with water and pinch together forming a half circle.
- 10In a large pot gently slide them into boiling water for 5 min or until they float.
- 11you can eat them right after boiling or saute till crispy in oil or margarine, which is the way we like them.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Pierogies - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g