1/1 Photo of Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry (Ww Core)
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is a tasty stir fry which core when served with brown rice. Add any vegetables that are in season if desired. Note: In response to reviews on this recipe I've made a few adjustments. I hope people will find them to their liking. I've added a sesame oil/soya sauce coating for the tofu. (You may press out excess liquid first) I've also added garlic and ginger to the ingredients. The carrots now have an additional 5 minutes cooking time. I've also removed the tofu once browned to be returned to pan near the end of the total cooking time to prevent overcooking. The prep and cooking time do not include the time to press the tofu as I usually skip that step. Thankyou's go to the chefs who've reviewed this recipe for their critiques. Your input is always welcome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray (5 second spray)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 medium scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced (any kind of mushroom)
- 3 water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, keep rice hot
- 1Wrap tofu in clean cotton kitchen towel.
- 2Place heavy weight on top i.e. plate or cutting board weighted with heavy juice can. ( I don't usually bother to press my tofu but doing so should improve the results).
- 3Set aside for 30 minutes to allow excess water to drain from tofu.
- 4Dice tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- 5Combine 1/2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp toasted oil.
- 6Toss tofu cubes with combined oil.
- 7Coat a large nonstick wok or frying pan with the cooking spray.
- 8Place on medium-high heat and add oil.
- 9Swirl to coat.
- 10Add tofu and stir-fry until browned on all sides (about 2 to 5 minutes).
- 11Once browned, remove and set aside.
- 12Add carrots and stir-fry until almost tender (about 5 minutes).
- 13Add garlic, ginger, scallions, peppers, mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- 14Stir-fry until veggies are tender (3 to 5 minutes).
- 15Return tofu to pan.
- 16Add soya sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- 17Serve over the hot rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry (Ww Core)
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 670.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g