Super sweet hard candies. These are always sold at fetes and markets and I can never resist buying one. They are absolutly delightful to suck on and last for quite a while.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line muffin pans with paper muffin cases.
- 2Spray with cooking oil spray to prevent toffee sticking to paper.
- 3Combine water, sugar and vinegar in medium saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Bring to boil and boil rapidly, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until a small amount will set when spooned into cold water.
- 5If you have a sugar thermometer it when it reaches 154 degree C.
- 6Remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- 7Carefully pour or spoon syrup into prepared pans.
- 8Allow to harden.
- 9If you wish you can make them pretty by sprinkling with coloured sprinkles after they have been in the pans for 2 minutes.
- 10Personally I prefer them without.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffees
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 43.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g