Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super sweet hard candies. These are always sold at fetes and markets and I can never resist buying one. They are absolutly delightful to suck on and last for quite a while.
- Line muffin pans with paper muffin cases.
- Spray with cooking oil spray to prevent toffee sticking to paper.
- Combine water, sugar and vinegar in medium saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to boil and boil rapidly, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until a small amount will set when spooned into cold water.
- If you have a sugar thermometer it when it reaches 154 degree C.
- Remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
- Carefully pour or spoon syrup into prepared pans.
- Allow to harden.
- If you wish you can make them pretty by sprinkling with coloured sprinkles after they have been in the pans for 2 minutes.
- Personally I prefer them without.